Thursday, February 23, 2012

Death by Oreo Cupcakes

Just before Christmas, I came across a recipe here for Death by Oreo Cupcakes .  My family really wanted me to make them, but in all the Christmas rush, I simply didn’t have time then.  My daughter ever so sweetly reminded me last weekend that we STILL hadn’t tried the recipe, so off we went to the store to get the ingredients.

001

Oh my goodness, these cupcakes were so delicious…almost an Oreo overload!  An Oreo on the bottom, Oreos in the cake batter and the cream cheese frosting…then garnished with a mini Oreo. 

I did notice the mini Oreos were the tiniest bit soft where they sat in the frosting, so I would suggest not garnishing the cupcakes until right before serving them.

frosting

I’m joining Miz Helen’s Country Cottage for Full Plate Thursday.  I’m also joining Sweet as Sugar Cookies for Sweets For a Saturday.

Thanks for dropping by to visit!

Dreamgoddess

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The garnish makes them that much special. I am following now. Pat

Miz Helen said...

I love your new photo update and really understand about the wrinkles, I am growing new ones with Grace, lol. Those cupcakes are just awesome, I would sure love to have one right now. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week end and come back soon!
Miz Helen

Richard Cottrell said...

I sure wish I had one right now, would make a wonderful breakfast. Richard from My Old Historic House.