Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas in the Dining Room

It’s Christmas time in my dining room…the buffet has been decorated, the tree has been trimmed and touches of greenery added for holiday fun. 

SANY8563

I decorated the buffet with touches of pink, silver and snowy greenery. 

SANY8550

The Victorian Noel cross stitched picture was made several years ago from a free pattern I found online.

SANY8546

Pink ornaments are nestled in a Homer Laughlin covered bowl, sans lid.  An epergne holds pink spire ornaments.

SANY8547

SANY8548

Hanging from the lamp are a cluster of three ornaments decorated with beaded ornament covers.

SANY8549

Standing on my grandmother’s sewing machine cabinet is one of my favorite trees.  It’s decorated with vintage ornaments from the 1940’s-50’s and knee hugger elves from the 1960’s-70’s.

tree

The tree skirt was made from an old chenille bedspread that belonged to my grandmother.  She loved chenille bedspreads and this one was her favorite.

SANY8552

Sitting under the tree is my small collection of Mark Roberts fairies.  This one, Spirit of Hope, is my favorite.  A portion of the proceeds from sales of this fairy were donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

SANY8553

Some of my favorite ornaments and elves.

coll1

coll2

coll3

Another shot of my dining area.

dining room

I’m joining Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday.

Thanks for dropping by and I wish for you and your family a joyous Christmas season!

DG

 

 

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hi DG,
Good to hear you and your mom are well.
You have a wonderful collection! You look like you are all ready!
Have a very Merry Christmas! It was so nice to see you had stopped by!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Okay, I just realized that in my last few comments I have called you Wendy. I may be wrong in that is your name so I am sorry!!

BUT I do love your Dining Room. Again, stunning!!

Hugs,
Debbie