Monday, January 31, 2011

Valentine Mantle

I fell in love with Chari’s (at Happy to Design) winter mantle when I saw the photos last night.  I thought it was so gorgeous and loved how she had decorated the clock.  So, I wanted to try to do something similar with my mantle for Valentine’s Day.  

I played around with it this morning and will probably do some more tweaking after I make a trip to Michaels this week, but this is how it looks for now.  After looking at these photos, I ‘m not loving the hearts hanging from the top shelf.  I’ll probably remove them and put something else up there.

SANY6886

The mantle clock, inherited from my Grandmother, decorated “A la Chari” with greenery, valentine picks and frosted pink roses. 

SANY6864

SANY6836

SANY6837

Two sweet little cherubs and pink roses are floating on top of a pink heart.  I found it at the flea market and was told it’s a posy holder.  There is a groove going around inside the heart shape where you would have placed water for the flowers.

SANY6839

I love these waterfall prisms and how they cast reflections of light on the wall!

SANY6841

I added prints of vintage valentines in antique brass frames.

SANY6851

SANY6878

I love the soft pink roses on this handpainted bowl.

SANY6879

The front of the bowl is decorated with a neoclassical scene featuring a maiden and cherub.

SANY6894

Sadly, this little beauty has been broken and in the worst place possible…right through the middle of the scene on the front.  Two years ago, my then 5 year old grandson received a guitar for Christmas.  He was playing “rock star” and instead of smashing his guitar…yep, he broke my bowl.  I couldn’t bear to throw it away, so I repaired it.  Unfortunately, the crack is really visible when you view it up close.

SANY6900

More pink roses and soft sage green decorate the vase and plate sitting on the shelves.  I have got to take down those hearts!

SANY6880

SANY6881

The mantle by candlelight…

SANY6901

SANY6884

Thanks for joining me today!  I’m linking up with Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday.

DG

7 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Girl this is just beautiful Victorian Delight...I love it as I do so love the Victorian look..just wait until my Sis (Chari) see this she'll love it,I have a manlte clock like yours in my barn need to drag it out again ha ha!! I'm so glad I came by my friend to see all this beautiful eye candy...JUST GREAT!! Hugs and smiles Gloria

Dining Delight said...

Very pretty, Dream! I like seeing the light pink colour and precious keepsakes you used to decorate your mantel for Valentine's!

DD

Wanda Lee said...

Hello there once again,

This is such a lovely Victorian mantle and Valentines vignette, I just love it all!..,

Also..,Appropos your post below:

What a lovely provenance and heirloom legacy from your grandma and family, of the pie safe cabinet; really it's so hard to say what you'll feel best choosing, yet the patina is fabulous of the natural wood!..,

..,THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND OFFER TO HELP WITH THE BLOG BUTTON; I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW HOW TO CREATE HTML CODE FOR CREATING BLOG BUTTONS..,

I did find a few blog tutorials earlier and found them a little complicated to follow; I'll try to follow their instructions when I have a bit more free time.., (Or if you like, you may post a comment with the instructions in brief)!..,

Thanks again for the blog award; I have decided to select and post my 15 recipients links and names after our three blog parties..,

Cheers from Wanda Lee
@ http:theplumedpen.blogspot.com

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Kim...

I just seen your post pop up and wanted to come by to see your Valentine mantel! Girlfriend, I was sooo very surprised! Thank you for the sweet mention...I feel so honored!

Well my dear, your Valentine mantel is GORGEOUS! And like my friend, Gloria said...such Victorian sweetness! First of all, your mantel is FABULOUS! Ohhh...it really is "to die for" beautiful! I love all the shelves where you can display your pretties! And speaking of pretties...what a sweet treat...to get to see those beautiful pieces!!! Love all those gorgeous floral plates! Your bowl with the lady and cherub...sooo pretty! Girlfriend, I think the crack just adds to her charm...seriously! It's a lovely piece! Also the pretty pink heart with the cherubs...so unique! Ohh yes...and I was also "eyeing" those gorgeous crystal candleholders with their dangling crystals...my heart be still! Well dear friend, I love your grandmother's mantel clock...what a sweet treasre to have! Love, love, LOVE the greenery and beautiful pink and white pearl picks that you used...it's perfect! I think it looks fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing it with us...this has been a real treat! Again, thank you for the compliments on my mantel and the sweet mention! You're the best!!!

Warmest winter wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Connie said...

Perfectly fabulous mantle!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Hi, Kim!!
I am totally in love with this mantle and how you decorated it! You have some pieces that really appeal to my Victorian heart!! I am your new follower and thanks for following me!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Slice of Pie said...

Ooh! So pretty. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful mantel. It's delicate and festive!