Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pear and Pineapple Cocktail

My mother-in-law’s pear tree has been full of beautiful pears this year and she brought some to me a couple of days ago.  Looking through Grandmother’s cookbooks, I found this 1940’s recipe for a Pear and Pineapple Cocktail.  Since I had all the ingredients on hand, I made it for our dinner Thursday night.

pear1

The recipe is so unbelievably, ridiculously easy to make! 

pear10

Just combine the fruit, add grape juice and cherry juice.

pear8

Garnish and enjoy!

pear6

Pear and Pineapple Cocktail

4 pears

20 oz. can pineapple chunks

4 maraschino cherries

white grape juice

Peel the pears and chop in small pieces.  In a bowl, combine the pears and pineapple chunks.  Divide the fruit evenly between 4 cocktail glasses.  Cover the fruit with white grape juice.  Add a small amount of maraschino cherry juice to the glasses.  Garnish with a cherry.  Yields 4 servings.

How easy is that!  I think it makes a beautiful presentation. 

pear9

I’m linking up with Brenda’s Canadian Kitchen for another Cookbook Sundays.  I can’t wait to see all the great recipes that will be shared!  Wouldn’t you like to come on over and join us?

DG

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool that you're making a 1940's recipe! It really does make a beautiful presentation. Thank you so very much for posting this recipe to Cookbook Sundays. Have a fun-filled Halloween!!

Kelly said...

This looks like the perfect, light end to a heavy meal.

Heather S-G said...

What a fun fruit cocktail!! Love it :D

Susan: My Food Obsession said...

Yum, I love, love, love fruit! This fruity cocktail looks so refreshing!

Couscous & Consciousness said...

That does look beautiful, and I love how easy that it. Yum!
Sue :-)