Friday, October 8, 2010

Jeweled Sunflowers

Fall is my favorite time of the year and with the cooler weather finally here in Alabama, I had the urge to create a table setting celebrating Autumn.

I started with a gold damask tablecloth and layered a white lace cloth over the gold one.  The napkins were an Old Time Pottery find and are a green, white, gold and rusty red plaid.

SANY5439

My inspiration came from these dinner plates and the saucers that I’m using for bread and butter plates.  The dishes belonged to my great-aunt and were given to me by one of my cousins.  The pattern is “Golden Meadow” by Sheffield.

SANY5414

Gold leafed apples rest in “Wexford” sherbets by Anchor Hocking.

SANY5445 

The salad plates are “Italian Villa” and were a thrift store find.  The colors in the salad plates are a deeper version of the colors in the napkins. 

SANY5450

The green iced tea glasses also belonged to my great-aunt.  They were made by Anchor Hocking probably during the 60’s or 70’s and are called “Rainflower”.  I used “Fairfield” wine glasses, also by Anchor Hocking, in their Honey Gold color.  These wines originally belonged to my grandmother and I borrowed them from my favorite aunt to use in this setting.

SANY5433

The small ramekins for holding butter are “Harvest Vintage” by BH&G.

SANY5434

I love sunflowers, so these made a perfect centerpiece for my table.  I also like the addition of the fuzzy branches and small faux cattails.

sf1

These little pumpkin place card holders are really cute!  They were a Hobby Lobby find and best of all, they were on sale. 

SANY5447

Crackled glass votive candleholders have pretty autumn leaves decorating the glass.  I scattered berries, pinecones and fall leaves around the center of the table.  I also used two avocado colored open lace sherbets as holders for votive candles.  They were produced in the 1950’s from “Lorain” depression glass molds. 

SANY5436

SANY5446

Although it doesn’t show in the photos, I love how the candlelight shimmers through the jeweled mosaic hurricane globes.

sf2

The table by candlelight…

SANY5409

 

I’m joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for another Tablescape Thursday.  There’s always an open invitation to join in and see all the beautiful tables!

I hope you’ve enjoyed your visit with me and please come back soon! 

DG

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hi DG!
That looks very pretty! I love the plaid napkins in the mix!
Hope all is well with you! I love those name card holders! We need a Hobby Lobby!

Denise said...

Now, I could never do a table like this. It's so complex. Lots of elements to coordinate - and you've done a great job. That's not easy.
Your great-aunt's dishes are wonderful.

Alycia Nichols said...

I'll bet you really enjoyed putting this arrangement together! I love the gold-leafed apples!

Vern said...

very beautiful. I like the colors and the gold apples

Beth said...

I've been missing you! Glad you're back! Your autumnh table is lovely. I'm hosting a Pumpkin Party that begins 10/26. Hope you can join me. Read all about it here: http://foodasart-beth.blogspot.com/2010/10/its-pumpkin-party-please-join-fun.html
Blessings, Beth

Jewel Sauls said...

Love it DG! Those golden apples are beautiful!

Sue said...

What a pretty table setting. The best thing is all the memories and history in the pieces you selected. I love using family pieces on my tablescapes. I really love the pumpkin place card holders. So cute.

Thanks for visiting me!

Sue

Jaybird said...

That is a beautiful table!
I have the same crackled glass votive holders...When I use mine, it will make me think of you!
I'm loving my visit to your blog...keep up the great work!
J