Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Breakfast at Wisteria Hollow

It was such a gorgeous sunrise this morning so I thought I would have breakfast outside under the wisteria.  I very quickly realized this is no ordinary wisteria.  Hidden among the blossoms and in a hollow in the trunk was a whole enchanted world that I never knew existed.

SANY4550

As I was about to sit at the table, imagine my surprise when guests flew in to join me…

SANY4534

and came bearing a gift for me…my very own pair of fairy shoes!  Of course, it might be a slightly tight squeeze getting my feet into them. 

SANY4538

Breena brought a teapot of flower nectar for me to drink.  Yum…tastes like ambrosia.  After filling my goblet, she joined Faylinn on the fairy swing.

SANY4532

Liliana was very shy and quickly fluttered up into the wisteria blossoms to hide. 

SANY4544

From high above the fairy swing, Rhoslyn peeked out from among the blooms to say good morning to me.

SANY4547

Shaylee is the keeper of all fairy legends and she entertained me with magical stories of elves and dragons.

SANY4535

Tania and Nissa listened in fascination as Shaylee recounted a wondrous tale of adventure.

SANY4536

I so admired Carling’s wreath of roses that Dulcina gave her to wear.  Before flitting away, Dulcina also presented me with a wreath for my hair. 

SANY4542

Come, if you will, and join me tomorrow morning under the wisteria. 

SANY4548

I’ll set the table for two…or twenty.

SANY4549

Oh and in Wisteria Hollow…shoes are optional. 

SANY4541

I hope all your days are wonderfully enchanting!  I’m joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.  Be sure to stop in and see all the beautiful tables!

 

DG

14 comments:

shannon i olson said...

very sweet. I wish Wisteria bloomed where I live

susan said...

Oh my goodness--what a beautiful table and tale you have created! The fairies fit into the wisteria setting perfectly. I do believe I'll wear shoes to the party--I'd like the pink ones please :)

Kathleen said...

That is so cute! Very whimsical!
No wisteria here yet..some Desp Housewives though! LOL

Donna said...

Oh, I'm so glad you got a visit from all the fairies under the beautiful Wisteria tree.
Cute table. :)

D

Beth said...

This is so beautiful! I love the wisteria and your sweet vignette with the fairies is so creative and pretty. You have a lovely garden! I'm so glad I stopped by! Thank you for stopping by my blog as well.
Beth

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Your fairly table was so adorable and unusual!
Love wisteria and yours is unbelieveably beautiful! In fact, I have wanted to get some to plant in my yard, but I never see it anywhere.
One of our neighbors had it when I was a kid,
and I have such fond memories of it! It is just an amazingly beautiful flower. Your fairies are so cute, enjoyed seeing them and the neat way you displayed them as well.
Thanks for sharing, and thanks for your sweet comments on my tablescape. I look at some of your other tablescapes as well, they were all very pretty.
blessings, Nellie

Red Couch Recipes said...

Your post is just adorable and your fairy collection is outstanding! We have a few fairies too, on a much less grand scale! My daughter's name is Tatianna -- it means fairy queen in Russian. Your wisteria is soooo amazing. What a delightful post! Joni

Marigene said...

Oh, I love your table for many beautiful little faeries...the wisteria is stunning.

Tricia said...

Enchanting, indeed! My granddaughter would love your darling fairies and gorgeous table!

Tammy518 said...

Count me in, please! I love your magical tablescape with all the fairies. I believe!

Chubby Chieque said...

Very whimsical view. So pretty with the fairies. I love them.

Happy TT

The Tablescaper said...

Oh how wonderful and whimsical. I love the fairy theme. Did you ever see my Fairy-scape?

http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/2010/02/fairy-land.html

But, alas we had no gorgeous wisteria.

- The Tablescaper

Atticmag said...

So sweet and romantic. The tree is the perfect backdrop. -- Jane F.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

So cute -- what delightful lunch mates you have. This is so creative -- just darling.