Friday, May 13, 2011

Cream Cheese Turnovers

A baking spree yesterday resulted in Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream Cheese Turnovers filled with strawberry and blackberry preserves.  Both recipes were found in “Favorite Recipes of Alabama Vocational Home Economics Teachers Third Edition”. 

cream cheese turnovers

2 sticks butter, softened

6 oz. cream cheese, softened

2 c all-purpose flour, sifted

1/2 t vanilla

any flavor preserves

Cream the butter and cream cheese until mixed well.  Add the flour and vanilla; mix well.  Chill the dough for about 2 hours.  Working with small amounts of dough at a time, roll out on a floured surface to about the thickness of a pie crust.  Using a large biscuit cutter, cut circles of dough and spread with 1/2 t. of preserves.  Fold the dough over, seal the edges and prick with a fork.  Bake on cookie sheets at 350 degrees until golden brown.  Dust with confectioners sugar.

turnover collage1

Instead of dusting with confectioners sugar, I chose to mix a small amount of milk with the confectioners sugar to make a glaze for the top of the turnovers.

turnovers1

They are wonderful little bites of deliciousness!

Thanks for coming by today!  I’m joining up with Design by Gollum for another Foodie Friday and Lisa for Sweets for a Saturday.

DG

 

3 comments:

Lori said...

Give me cream cheese and I'll follow ya anywhere. These looks yummy! I am a new follower of your blog and hope you'll visit ours soon!

Lori

Rettabug said...

How cute these are! They look like little pocket pies! I think I've made cookies with a very similar dough recipe. yummo!

I'm your newest follower & BTW, I LOVE your new pretty plate. I would have snatched that up in an instant!

fondly,
Rett

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

It's my day for a blog hop, I'd love it if you came over and shared one of your great recipes at savory sunday!! Have a great day :)