Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cherubs and Roses

A new beginning is perhaps the best time to say…
It’s so nice to know you…
And here’s wishing our friendship
continues to grow in the days to come. – Author Unknown

Happy New Year to all my blogging friends!  Just for you, I found this wonderful old Tuck postcard this past week to wish you and your family much love and happiness in this New Year.

cherub postcard

I hope everyone had a fantastic New Year’s holiday weekend!  My husband, two youngest daughters and I spent a quiet, but fun, time together on New Year’s Eve.  We had a nice dinner and then an evening of playing games while we waited to ring in the New Year.

Since “your” New Year’s postcard featured a cherub and roses, I thought I would continue that theme by showing some of the cherubs I have around my home.

My newest favorite was given to me by my mother.  The little cherubs have the sweetest expressions on their faces and the applied roses are so beautiful.  In researching the mark on the bottom, I found it was made by Sadek, which was founded in 1936 and is still in operation.  One website I read was not very nice in their comments about Sadek wares…doesn’t bother me, I love the bowl and think it’s absolutely gorgeous!

cherub bowl

This little bisque cherub was an antique shop find last year.  The owner of the shop said she thought it was possibly made in Germany.

005

A pair of wall plaques made by Ucagco, probably in the 1950’s to 1960’s.

wall plaques

A pin tray with a transfer scene of a cherub and a butterfly and a half (one of the butterflies is missing part of his wings and body).

009

A cherub sitting on a shoe with more applied roses.

013

Almost hidden behind a vase is another one of my favorites…a Victorian figural epergne or centerpiece with a cherub. 

centerpiece

Last, but not least, is another favorite cherub that I found on eBay several years ago.  Actually, I think he might be Cupid with his bow and arrow, but that’s ok. 

cupid

Well, that’s it for this post.  I have a few more, but that’s for another day.  Thanks bunches for visiting with me today!  I hope you’ll come again soon.

I’ve joining Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday.  I’m also joining Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday.

 

Dreamgoddess

8 comments:

Richard Cottrell said...

I for one can never have enough cherubs or roses, to have them together is even better. I love them all. Happy New Year. Richard from My Old Historic House.

lvroftiques said...

I'm with Richard.....I'll never get enough gorgeous cherubs! Oh girlfriend I drooled all through your post! I don't care two hoots that somebody didn't like the Sadek brand. Your mama done good! I loved them so much I even added them to my pinterest *winks* I hope you don't mind? Vanna

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Another 'angel' lover...these are fabulous art pieces, I love them! Thank you for sharing your treasures. I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Hello!!

Thanks so much for your visit and kind comment!!
I just love all of your beautiful pieces that you have shared with us today!!
I love cherubs and angels too and have a bit if a collection myself!
I think it is a Victorian thing, don't you?

Hugs,
Debbie

Marti McClure said...

Your cherubs are wonderful! I just love the little angels. My favorite is the one on the shoe. Your blog is great. Happy Pink Saturday! ~Marti

Anonymous said...

Lovely collection, I love them all! Happy Pink Saturday! Pat

Jeanne said...

Happy New Year to you too. What a lovely New Year you shared with your loved ones.

LOVE the cherubs. Your collection is awesome. I too love anything with cherubs. I also love the post card you shared. a lovely vintage treasure.
Hugs, Jeanne

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

And once again, just beautiful pieces!! Simply to die for!!

Hugs,
Deb