Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Orange Vanilla Chip Cookies

I felt like baking cookies today and had some white chocolate chips that I needed to use.  After a quick search of Food.com, I found this recipe here for Orange Vanilla Chip Cookies posted by ratherbeswimmin’.  Yep, I had all the ingredients, so I was good to go!

SANY8574-1-1

2 1/4 c A-P flour
1/4 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 c unsalted butter. softened
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg , at room temperature
1 T grated orange zest
1 c white chocolate chips

Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl; set aside.  Cream the butter and sugars together in another mixing bowl.  Add the egg and mix well.  Add the flour and mix well again.  Add the orange zest and white chocolate chips.  Stir well to combine all ingredients.  Using a teaspoon, drop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I greased mine).  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool the cookies on the cookie sheet for 1 minute; remove to wire racks.

SANY8575

Oh my goodness, these were wonderful!  The only change I made to the recipe was to use about 1/2-3/4 T of orange zest (since that was all I had on hand), but I liked the way they tasted only using this amount.  I loved the subtle orange flavor.  The cookies were scrumptiously (is that even a word???) delicious!

Next time, I’m going to double the recipe.

SANY8571-1

I'’ll be joining Miz Helen at her Country Cottage for Full Plate Thursday.  Thanks for dropping by and I hope you’ll come back soon!

DG

 

4 comments:

The Old Parsonage said...

I love anything that is orange flavored. These are going on my list for the new year.

Thanks!
Leann

Anonymous said...

These sound delicious! Thank you for posting. Pat

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

These look yummy. Orange zest would make them sing. Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe.

Miz Helen said...

Hi DG,
It is really good to see you today. I just love your precious Tea Set and those Orange Vanilla Chip Cookies look so delicious. Have a wonderful week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen