Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Greet Thee My Valentine

SANY6984

Today I’m sharing my kitchen decorated for Valentine’s Day.  I used lots of prints of vintage Valentines and candy to decorate the room. 

I’m joining in with Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday, Karen at The Graphics Fairy for Brag Monday, and Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday

Along with candy and Valentine prints, I added a vintage plate, a small cherub and sugared roses to this vignette in the corner of my counter.

SANY6987

A vintage Valentine print decorated with glass glitter.

SANY6985

I was browsing through my favorite antique shop last week and the owner’s daughter was planning to have a yard sale this past weekend.  She had many of the items for the sale stored in the antique shop.  This gumball machine was one of the items and I bought it for a whopping price of $1.00!  It has copyright 1985 Carousel stamped on the metal key and is almost in perfect condition.   My grandsons are gonna love it!

Can you see how the Valentine print sparkles?  I love using German glass glitter to add a little bling!

SANY6982

My Hoosier cabinet is the main candy station in the room.  Apothecary jars and candy dishes are filled with chocolate pretzels, candy conversation hearts, Hershey kisses and other candy. 

SANY6964

I found the heart graphics and the idea to make the garland at The Graphics Fairy.

SANY6941

I added a Cupid candleholder…

SANY6909

…and a Cupid figurine.

SANY6967

Although you can’t see it very well, there is a key, as in “key to my heart”, hanging from a sheer ribbon on the lid of this candy dish.

SANY6968

This is another Valentine graphic that I found at The Graphic Fairy.  A little glass glitter, a silver frame…and it’s ready to look pretty!

SANY6917

A “chocolate” mug from Dollar General is filled with Valentine lollipops.

SANY6993

A closeup of the heart garland…

SANY6933

A shot of the entire cabinet…

SANY6995

This is my island with more decorations.

SANY6975

I used a wooden tray to hold a vignette on one end of the island.

SANY6971

This Valentine print was another find at The Graphics Fairy.  I’m not crazy about how I cut this one out, so I’ll probably print another one and start over.

SANY6955

The silver trays and the pink floral heart are recent thrift store finds.

SANY6999

The other end of the island has my cookie jar, a cloche and a pink heart candy bowl.

SANY6974

The cloche holds one of my favorite graphics from The Graphics Fairy.  I think the little angels are so precious and I love the dove.

SANY6960

I added in pink Valentine heart picks and silk roses.  Although you can’t see much sparkle, this print also got a dusting of glass glitter.

SANY6961

The chocolate plate and card holders were also found at Dollar General.

SANY6977

Another photo of the island…

SANY6976

I had so much fun playing around with decorating this room!  I’m really glad you stopped by today and I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!

DG

7 comments:

A Garden of Threads said...

Love the vintage feel to the decorating. My gang would love all the candy. Take care and have a great week.

Suz said...

That is so much fun! I love your candy station on your Hoosier.

Suz

Mary said...

Wow, I love it! Thank you for sharing at Masterpiece Monday. Have a nice week! Mary :O)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Well of course you knew I would love it all, however your cloches are just stunning. Such beautiful and creative vignettes. Love them. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Bill said...

It all looks amazing! I love the vintage feel and all the sweetly romantic touches. Beautiful!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Kim...

Ohh my goodness, Girlfriend...your kitchen looks like Valentine Heaven...I love it! I just oohed and aahed through all of your beautiful photos! It all looks sooo pretty...you did a fabulous job of creating this romantic scene! I love the heart garland that you have atop your hutch! Ohhh...and my favorite...the cloche that you created with those sweet vintage angels and pink and white heart picks! That is just the prettiest thing I've ever seen! I would love to make one like it...I may have to borrow your idea! Well dear friend, not only do you have tons of eye candy going on in your kitchen but you also have tons of Valentine sweets, candies, etc.! Mmmm...I could spend some time in your lovely kitchen for sure! Hehe! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us today...it's fabulous all dressed up and ready for Valentine's Day!

Warmest wishes and Happy Valentine's Day!
Chari @Happy To Design

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I keep coming back to see these gorgeous pretties and figure your how you made the cloche! It's something I would like to try! ♥