Sunday, February 6, 2011

Images of Vintage Valentines

I wanted to learn to make mosaics using photos, so I’ve been playing around with the prints of vintage Valentines that I used to decorate my home.  The mosaic was actually quite easy to make following the instructions given by Mary at Little Red House.

I love using vintage graphics to decorate for different occasions.  The great thing about using them is that it costs very little (basically just paper and ink!) and I think they add instant charm to vignettes. 

I also use vintage graphics, often postcards, to make place card holders for my table settings.  The place cards are super easy to make and really fun!

valentine mosaid

I’m linking up with Mary for Mosaic Monday.  Thanks for stopping by!

DG

9 comments:

Mary said...

Hi there, and welcome to Mosaic Monday! Your link doesn't seem to be working properly; I found you through your comment. So could you enter it again, please? Click on the title to your post, copy the url in your browser, and paste it into the linky thing. If you have any problems, let me know. :)
xoxo,
Mary
Oh, and I LOVE your mosaic!

Vee said...

Oh just dreamy Valentines for a scumptious Valentine mosaic. Well done! Mary is a great teacher. :D

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Very nice vintage Valentine cards.

A Garden of Threads said...

Beautiful vintage cards, they look fabulous in the mosaic. You did a great job.

Snap said...

Gorgeous mosaic of vintage cards. Well done and welcome to MM!

Unknown said...

What a pretty mosaic! I have never known how to make one either. I am going to have to go and read her tutorial so I can make one too : )

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Perfect for a sweet mosaic...I keep stopping to look at each one again! Lovely! ♥♥♥

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

You certainly did a beautiful job with this one!!!

My Dream Canvas said...

This is a lovely mosaic! I am hosting a Giveaway on my blog. I would love for you to stop by.hugs Anu