Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Blueberry Cobbler

My wonderful husband has a constant sweet tooth…he loves desserts and really thinks I don’t make them often enough.  If he had his way, I’d be making a dessert every day! 

I’ve sort of been having a cobbler craving and it’s been a while since I made a dessert, so I decided to go to Food.com for a new recipe to try.  I usually make peach cobbler, but I had some blueberries in my freezer…I thought this recipe for Blueberry Cobbler sounded perfect.

SANY8350

1 1/4 c all-purpose flour

1/2 c sugar

1/4 t salt

1 1/2 t baking powder

3/4 c milk

1/3 c butter

2 c blueberries

1/3 c sugar

1 t vanilla

Combine the flour, 1/2 c sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl.  Add the milk and butter; mix well.  Spread in a greased 8” square baking dish.  Sprinkle blueberries evenly over the batter.  Sprinkle the 1/3 c sugar over the batter and drizzle with vanilla.  Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

SANY8347

The cobbler was super easy to make and the aroma as it baked was heavenly!  Now if I can just stay out of it until after dinner tonight! 

I’ll be joining up with Miz Helen’s Country Cottage for Full Plate Thursday.  Thanks so much for visiting with me today!

DG

 

1 comment:

Miz Helen said...

Hi DG,
It is so good to see you today. Your Blueberry Cobbler looks so good. I love having fruit in the freezer to make a quick dessert. Hope you have a wonderful holiday week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come back soon!
Miz Helen