Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Puppy Chow

Oh my goodness, I wish someone had told me earlier about these scrumptious little treats!  My sister made goodie trays for everyone in the family and she included some Puppy Chow in mine.

After one taste, I immediately called my sister for the recipe.  She said the recipe was found here at Food.com.

SANY8672

9 c Chex cereal

6 oz melted chocolate chips, melted

1/2 c peanut butter, melted

1/4 c butter, melted

2 t vanilla

1 1/2 c powdered sugar

Put the cereal in a large bowl.  Combine the chocolate, peanut butter and butter; microwave on high for 1 minute or until melted.  Stir until smooth.  Add vanilla and pour over the cereal.  Stir to coat.  Pour into a large Ziplock bag; add the powdered sugar.  Shake to coat the cereal.  Pour out on waxed paper to cool.  Store in sealed containers or bags.

SANY8673

This is so yummy!  I really could have been selfish and not shared with the rest of my family… but ‘tis the season and all that, you know.

SANY8674

I’m joining Patti and Paula at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday and Miz Helen for Full Plate Thursday.  See you there!

Hope your holidays were filled with yummy treats too!

DG

6 comments:

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh, I had totally forgotten about this recipe. I like it, too. We'd love to have you share this post or any one you choose at our "What's It Wednesday" Linky party.
Best wishes for the new year!
Patti

On Crooked Creek said...

DG,
Thanks for the recipe...I've eaten this many times, but had no idea how to make this yummy treat!
Thank you for your sweet comment and visit On Crooked Cree! Stop by again soon, dear!
Fondly,
Pat

Richard Cottrell said...

My Dear Dreams, Thanks for stopping by, glad I am not the only one who is doll house crazy. I have all ready ordered wallpaper and carpets. Oh my. I am getting paint today. I think the ideal about a note book is a good one. I did that when I did my real house. it is so good to go back and find paint names and so forth when you need to touch up. We will have to start a doll house party. Love and Sissy Dog kisses. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Claire Justine said...

Would love you to join us on creative Thursday (which is ing this week to creative mondays ?http://clairejustineoxox.blogspot.com/2011/12/creative-thursday_21.html

lvroftiques said...

Hi Kim!
I thought by the post title that we were going to learn how to make some candy cane puppy treats or something lol! Now these sound MUCH better! *winks* Although I wouldn't be eating a full plate of the others.
I've been playing blog catch up and I have to tell you your livingroom and diningroom looked soooo beautiful for Christmas! And thanks to you I started my own Zatzka board on pinterest Come by for a visit!
I can also see why those grandbabies of yours love being at Grandma's house. The place setting you created for them were adorable! Anyhoo it was great hearing from you and I hope you have a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Vanna

Miz Helen said...

Hi DG,
I agree what a great little treat that I will be trying soon. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Happy New Year to you and your family and Abundant Blessings in 2012!
Miz Helen