Friday, December 31, 2010

My “All Fired Up” Blooper

I’m joining Susan’s Blogging Bloopers Party 2010 over at Between Naps on the Porch.  I had to laugh when I read Susan’s comment that at least she hadn’t set a single thing on fire this year…cause that’s just what I did!

When I set the table using my Glimmer of Gold setting (you can see the photos here), I didn’t show any of the photos that I took of the table by candlelight.  After my family left and the dishes were cleaned, I had reset the table for our dinner that night.   Since it would be after dark when we sat down to eat, I had added pillar candles in lovely crystal hurricanes and several votive candles around the table.

SANY6294

All the candles were burning and I was busy taking photos…when all of a sudden, I noticed this r—e—a—l—l—y big hole (and getting bigger by the second) in the ribbon on my centerpiece.  Apparently I didn’t put the candle as far away from the ribbon as I thought I did…said ribbon deciding it was a nice night to be highly flammable.  Talk about snatching that ribbon out of the way!SANY6291

At least it happened AFTER my luncheon was over!  My family would STILL be teasing me about it if they knew. 

Ribbon and Fire…they don’t mix well. 

SANY6293

I can’t wait to read everyone else’s bloopers for 2010!

DG

 

7 comments:

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Perfect touch, job well done! That is something I would do and the sad part...people expect such things from me so you are in good company:)
Terry

Johanna said...

Hello, what a luck that the ribbon didn't burn. Such things happen always with me.
I wish you a very Happy New Year full of Health, Luck and Joy.
Greetings, Johanna

Taylor said...

Oh, darn! Ha! Thank you for sharing! :)
Taylor
www.thelumberjackswife.com

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, this looks like something that would happen at our house. I'm glad it wasn't serious, but what a hoot! Love your table.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Graceful Moments said...

Had to go see your tablescape and it was truly gorgeous...no candlelight needed!
The melting ribbon reminded me of a Christmas party years ago at my aunt's house. She had a pillar candle with one of those faux pine wreath candle holders burning in her bedroom. We were all in the living room opening gifts and we smelled a horrible oder...fortunate we got the burning plastic wreath out of the house before it caught the cloth under it on fire! Thanks for stirring a memory of what turned out to be a funny story!

Marlis said...

So sad for the beautiful ribbon. That is so something I would do.. Glad the outcome was good.

Jacqueline said...

Ooh, that one scares me! I have done this before and you hope that nothing worse happens. I have enjoyed th bloopers too. It is fun to see and I know that I could have shown a lot more - nexxt year!