Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Coconut Yum Yums

I’ve had this recipe in my cookbook at Food.com for quite a while and thought it would make a nice addition to my goodie trays this Christmas.  The original recipe, posted by MizzNezz, can be found here at Food.com. 

Is it a cookie…or is it candy?  I don’t know, but they sure are good!  The recipe was super easy to make and, start to finish, probably took about 20 minutes.

SANY8645

1/2 c butter
3 c coconut
2 c powdered sugar
2 oz semisweet chocolate

Combine the coconut and sugar in a large bowl.  Melt the butter and add to the coconut/sugar.  Mix well; scoop out small portions with a spoon.  Roll into balls and place on cookie sheets.  Make an indention in each one.  Melt the chocolate and place a small amount in each indention.  Chill until firm.

SANY8646

The original recipe states a yield of 36, but I must have made mine a bit smaller as I ended up with 48 of them.  

I’m joining Miz Helen at her Country Cottage for Full Plate Thursday.

Thanks for visiting today!

Merry Christmas,

DG

2 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

CHRISTmas Blessings from my mountain top to your home…May it be the best one ever..Hugs and Love Gloria.

Miz Helen said...

Coconut Yum Yums is a great name for this recipe, they look yummy! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. We are wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
Come Back Soon,
Miz Helen