Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Pink

I feel like it’s been ages since I’ve posted on my blog!  I had to take a little mini break because first my mother was very sick and then not long after she got well, I got sick.  Thankfully we are both well now and it’s great to be back with my blogging buddies!

SANY8539

I want to share with you my absolute favorite Christmas table setting and it is usually the first one I do each year during the holiday season.   I love decorating for Christmas using pink…I know, very untraditional, but what can I say??  I do also use more traditional colors in table settings for my family during the season, but I just love this one.

A snowy white lace tablecloth is layered over a pink damask cloth.

SANY8530

The chargers, handpainted by a talented artist in Texas, were a birthday gift from my husband several years ago.  Among the pink roses dusted with snow are pine branches and white berries. 

SANY8526

With the chargers, I’ve used clear glass dinner plates.

SANY8527

On each dinner plate, a clear glass sherbet to be used for dessert holds pink ornaments decorated with angels and sparkling glass glitter.

SANY8528

SANY8529

Sparkling pink ornaments rest in champagne flutes.

SANY8532

Pink Fostoria footed glasses will be used for iced tea.

SANY8533

Snowflake napkin rings were used on the pink damask napkins.

SANY8531

The centerpiece is decorated with snow dusted pinecones and branches, white berries and pink roses.

SANY8536

A pair of candleholders in the pattern “Caprice” by the Cambridge Glass Co. were placed at each end of the centerpiece and a taller crystal candleholder sits in the middle of the greenery.

SANY8537

I’m joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.  I’m also joining Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday.

SANY8538

Thanks so much for coming by today!  I hope you’ll come back again soon.

DG

 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful I love the colors! I like being out side of the box! Love the feathers too! thanks for visiting my post,Hope you come back! JoannThanks for sharing your beautiful post.

Chubskulit Rose said...

So beautiful!


Hearty Pink, come and see when you get a chance.

ShabbyESP said...

Love your Christmas table!! LOVE LOVE LOVE those chargers
Merry Pink Saturday!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Cindy Lew's Studio said...

So beautiful, so many pinks and they are all my favorite.

Happy Pink Saturday to You and Yours!!!Have a wonderful and blessed holiday!

Love, Light, & Harmony, CindyLew

Unknown said...

Nothing untraditional about a Pink Christmas anything. I ONLY do pink for every event/season/day. Love your beautiful detail & presentation.
Merry Christmas
TTFN ~
Marydon

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous table, and I love the Center candle arrangement. So pretty! Happy Pink Saturday! Pat

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

Your napkins love that pink. Very nice done .Happy PS. Laura

Richard Cottrell said...

Very cheerful, I love the plates. Richard from My Old Historic House.

mypinkprettiesaboutme said...

I love love love your chargers. What a great hubs. Have a great pink week.

LL

Yasmin Smith said...

Beautiful table with all of the soft pink!! The whole tablesetting is exquisite.....love it!
Merry Christmas!!! Yasmin