Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Glimmer of Gold

Wow, it’s so great to be back!  My computer hard drive decided it was time to fry about a week before Thanksgiving and I was computerless until Christmas when my sweet family gave me a new laptop.  I’ve been slowly learning how to use it and trying to get used to not having a mouse.

I’m so happy to be able to once again join Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for another Tablescape Thursday.  Don’t you want to join us too? 

A few days before Christmas, I invited my mother, two aunts and a cousin to have lunch with me.  Today, I’m sharing photos of the table I set for the luncheon. 

SANY6220  

I started out with a dark green tablecloth and then layered a white lace tablecloth on top.  For the centerpiece, I began with a golden sleigh filled with pinecones and greenery.  I placed it in the center of a plain wreath.  Then I began adding greenery, berries, golden ornaments and feathery birds.  Golden swirling ribbons are the final touch to the centerpiece.

SANY6222

SANY6223

SANY6219

The place settings consisted of gold baroque chargers, forest green dinner plates, and swirled glass soup bowls.  Individual green butter dishes with crystal handled butter servers were placed next to each plate.  Anchor Hocking Forest Green iced tea glasses and sherbets completed each setting.

SANY6225

A Forest Green depression glass tea pitcher was placed on the end of the table.  Alongside the pitcher, I placed a bowl containing small gifts for each family member.  Each received a Christmas ornament that I chose to compliment their styles of decorating.

SANY6221

The island in my kitchen was set up for desserts.

SANY6231 

SANY6229

It was was cold and rainy, but sitting down to lunch with my family members warmed up my day.  We laughed, we gossiped, we enjoyed a delicious meal …it was wonderful sharing this moment in time with family!

SANY6226

I hope that each of you had a wonderful Christmas!  Thanks for visiting!

DG

 

5 comments:

Denise said...

Dream,
It's so, gosh, it's so. . . oh, I don't know. It's just so elegant, yet warm at the same time. Those chargers are beautiful. And your centerpiece - WOW! The gold ribbon - does it have a wire edge?? Or were you just able to arrange it that way?
I noticed the butter spreaders right away! Are they vintage?

Any left over dessert? I'll be by for a piece.

Maria said...

This is the first time I've seen such a rich green in depression glass! Your table is beautiful!

Donnie said...

What a pretty table. Your plates are lovely. Happy New Year.

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Dream, this is so pretty! I really like the green colour of the dishes with the gold. Your centerpiece is wonderful and I like how the ribbon makes it extend down the table and also give it height. Would have loved to have attended that luncheon!

DD

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

Your table is beautiful. I especially love your centerpiece.