Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies

Raspberries and white chocolate and cream cheese…oh my goodness, have I got a new favorite cookie!  Chef Jan Marie posted the recipe here on Food.com and I knew I had to give it a try.

cookies1

The cookies are just the slightest bit chewy and the flavors of raspberry and white chocolate are to die for delicious.  I won’t even tell you how many I’ve eaten! 

It’s really sad, but my waistline is so going to hate me for ever trying this recipe.  What can I say though?  I’m a sucker for raspberries and white chocolate combined together!

cookies2

Although the recipe states to put the dough on an ungreased sheet, I don’t recommend it.  The first cookies I baked really stuck to the baking sheet and I basically had to pry them up.  I greased the sheets before baking the remaining dough and the cookies came up with no problems.

cookies4

Here is the recipe… 

2 boxes Jiffy raspberry muffin mix
1/2 t baking soda
4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick unsalted butter, softened 
1/4 c brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs
1 1/2 c white chocolate chips

In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and cream cheese; mix well.  Add the eggs, baking soda, and brown sugar; mix well.  Add the muffin mix and white chocolate chips. Mix well and chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.  Drop dough with a spoon onto an ungreased baking sheet, about 2” apart.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

My cookies were done  after 10 minutes.  Longer baking made them too crispy for my family’s taste. 

cookies3

I’m joining Miz Helen at her Country Cottage for Full Plate Thursday and Lisa at Sweet As Sugar Cookies for Sweets For A Saturday

Thanks for joining me today and I hope you’ll visit again soon! 

DG

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Mmm, all my favorite things in a cookie. Delicious and pretty. I have a sweet treat linky party on my blog every weekend and I'd like to invite you to stop by then and link your yummy cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

bj said...

I love this recipe using the mix. The cookies look amazing.
I just signed up to follow..Come see me when you can.
xo bj
oops, I almost clicked off before see you are using word verification....

Miz Helen said...

Hi DG,
I just love those little vintage chicks on you blog header. I always enjoy coming to your blog and looking at your vintage photos. These Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies look so good, it is a great recipe. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a very special week end! Hope to see you next week!

Vicki said...

These look so good! Can't wait to try them.

I'm hosting my first blog hop over at Peas & Carrots if you'd like to link this up. It's at www.navefamilyfood.blogspot.com

Erin said...

these look so good! Can't wait to try them!

Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

I just started a blog hop and I'd love for you to come and link up one of your great recipes!!

Unknown said...

mmm looks tasty!
So, like sweet as sugar cookies, I have decided to do linky party, but this one it themed! I'd like to invite you to stop by and link up your themed treat! This week's theme is strawberries! Can't wait to see what you're bringing!
http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/04/bakers-monday.html