Thursday, January 27, 2011

Peacocks and Fairies

I’m still enjoying my Snow Queen table and wasn’t quite ready to pack it all away just yet.  So for this week’s Tablescape Thursday with Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch, I decided to share a table setting from a couple of years ago.

The setting was inspired by these iridescent glass chargers.

SANY1869

Some of the coloration in the glass reminded me of a peacock and when I found the fairy figurines with the same coloring…well, the table just started to come together.

SANY1867

SANY1868

These salad plates by Arcoroc echoed the colors in the glass chargers.  Purple organza napkins were decorated with iridescent beaded tassels and peacock feathers.

peacocks1

The centerpiece for the table was a carnival glass compote filled with iridescent glass balls, more beaded tassels and topped by a peacock.

SANY1865

SANY1863

Brass candleholders holding purple candles flank the compote.  A peacock rests on each candleholder. 

SANY1878

The gold tablecloth picks up highlights of gold from the glass chargers.

SANY1880

It’s almost Mardi Gras time and this tablescape would work well for a Mardi Gras dinner.

SANY1861

Thanks for visiting and don’t forget to check out all the lovely tables showcased over at Between Naps on the Porch!

DG

16 comments:

Jewel Sauls said...

I remember loving this table at RZ! I especially love those chargers - they do remind me of peacocks!

Pamela Gordon said...

What a unique idea for a table setting. I love the chargers and plates in the peacock colours. Have a blessed day. Pamela

Mary said...

This is a very pretty table scape! I would like to invite you to link this up to my new link party, Masterpiece Monday, at Boogieboard Cottage. The link will be up all week. Take care, Mary :O)

Unknown said...

A beautiful table! Love the colors...Love the chargers...Love the plates! It would be perfect for Mardi Gras! Very well put together. Thanks for sharing this magnificent, lavish table!
Andrea

Kathleen said...

Very unique! Such pretty colors!

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

What a wonderful table! I love the carnival glass and the placemats!

Anonymous said...

I love this beautiful table design!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello...

Ohhh my goodness...what a gorgeous table! I certainly can see how those fabulous irridescent chargers inspired this beautiful table...they really are fabulous! Love that you paired the pretty purple with them...a beautiful place setting, my friend! Ohhh...and I love that you used the peacocks as well...they go so perfectly with this table! And...your pretty faeries! I'm in love with your candelbras...they are stunning! Such a gorgeous table...so glad that you shared it with us! It definitely deserved a second showing that's for sure!

I also wanted to thank you for coming by and taking a peek at my silver tablescape! I really enjoyed your visit and sweet note, my friend! Thank you!

Warmest winter wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello...

Just had to leave you another lil' note! This was the first time that I have been to your blog. It's absolutely delightful!!! I have just spent the last few minutes going through some of your posts...you have a gorgeous home and I love your decor style! Just wanted to let you know that I added your blog to my list of blog follows! I really look forward to your upcoming posts and going back through your past posts, my friend! It's so very nice to meet you!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

The Country Cook said...

I'm so happy you commented on my blog that way I could come over here and check yours out. WOW! Your tablescapes are so beautiful. It takes a lot of creativity and artistic ability to create these. Stunning!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Chari at "Happy To Design" send me to visit and am so glad she did..What a beautiful home with must eye candy Antiques you have..I also am a collector...Your table is beyond beautiful my new found friend...Please come and visit with me...Hugs and smiles Gloria

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations DG,
I am honored to pass along to you The Stylish Blog Award. You have a great blog. You can pick up your award on my blog.
Best Wishes,
Miz Helen

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Oh Dream, this is so pretty! I LOVE those chargers and you've created the perfect tablescape for them. The salad plates look terrific with the same colours reflected. The fairies and centerpiece are lovely too. I think I MIGHT remember this from "Holidays" and it is so wonderful to see it again!

DD

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

YOur tablescape is gorgeous. Love the color and the chargers are wonderful. So pretty. Glad you stopped by and hope the ottoman tutorial made sense. I can't wait to see yours if you make one. It really is so easy. Hugs, Marty

Entertaining Women said...

Stunning. The chargers are marvelous. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Alycia Nichols said...

Those chargers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!