Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Fall Y’all!

Warm days and cool, crisp nights…this season always seems so glorious to me.  Autumn days arrive with so much promise.  Seeing the colors change almost while you’re watching, the clear nights with thousands of stars sparkling like diamonds in the sky…I love Fall! 

card1

Scarecrows and pumpkins…are there any two more perfect embodiments of Autumn?  

SANY6058

I wanted to arrange a fun, simple table setting celebrating these two icons of Autumn.  To set the stage for the table, I began with a Fiesta tablecloth in the color Tangerine.  Layered on the tablecloth is a white lace topper. 

SANY6081

 After placing the linens on the table, I started out with this wooden tray decorated for Fall.  It usually sits on my island in the kitchen, but this week it’s doing double duty as the centerpiece for my table.

SANY6052

The tray is decorated with a glittery orange votive candleholder surrounded by berries, pinecones, acorns and flowers in autumnal colors.

SANY6056

A metal pumpkin is placed at the front of the tray.

SANY6070

Taking center stage is Jareth and Sara with their charming sentiment.

SANY6065

“Camder Stripe” plates are one of my favorites to use in the Fall.  I love the versatility of these plates with their stripes of blue, orange, yellow, green, red and white.   

SANY6049

Fingertip towels are used as napkins.  Two plates have scarecrows on green towels…

SANY6075

and the other two plates have yellow towels with sunflowers.

SANY6053 

Leaf plates serve as bread and butter plates.  Small green bowls will hold individual servings of butter. 

SANY6054

I placed Tangerine silverware by Fiesta on the plates.

SANY6082

I love this little whimsical scarecrow place card and pumpkin holder! 

SANY6078

Ribbon and fall foliage embellished pumpkins sit in “Lorain” sherbet dishes. 

SANY6060

SANY6055

Time to light the candles and sit down to dinner…

SANY6083

SANY6094

Our dessert was a slice of Plain Cake.  The recipe can be found here.  It’s so moist and has a wonderful texture…almost melts in your mouth.

SANY6095

 

I’m joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for another Tablescape Thursday.  I’m also joining Designs by Gollum for Foodie FridayHope to see you there!

I’m so glad you stopped by and hope you’ll come visit again soon!

DG

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Playful and fun....my kind of table.

Unknown said...

What a lovely fall-themed table! Very colorful and warm and fun!

Debby S. said...

What a cozy and inviting fall table. Love the scarecrows, they are so cute! You have layered all the fall colors beautifully!

we three dogs and me said...

Isn't the fall season a fun time for decorating? I love love your table. It looks like you had fun setting it up. Have a fun day

Chubby Chieque said...

Am so happy to see a happy & full of goodies TS.

Love everything what on the top of your gorgeous, table.

Happy TS...

Kathleen said...

Hi Kim,
You table looks so festive. Love the scarecrows and the flatware.
Sorry I am late arriving here! :)
Have a great weekend!
Kathleen

Monique said...

I love these fellows , your centerpiece :) They are sooo cute :)

Entertaining Women said...

The apricot tablecloth makes the most wonderful anchor for your lovely Autumn tablescape. I like scarecrows, too! The colors that you've used are magnificent. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay.