Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Candy Station

I’m so thrilled to join Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for another Pink Saturday.  Today I’m sharing a small corner of my home all ready for Easter.

One of my favorite things to decorate is the Hoosier cabinet in my kitchen.  With an enamel worktop, it’s the perfect spot for a candy station.

hoosier

I found this cute purple ceramic Easter egg bowl at the thrift store.  It’s filled with lollipops decorated as Easter eggs and carrots.

SANY7713

The miniature tea set under a cheese dome has little bunnies playing outside the Easter egg house.

SANY7715

White chocolate pretzels with sprinkles fill a glass apothecary jar.  These are so good!  I had a hard time keeping my husband out of them until I could take pictures! 

SANY7718

This little candy bowl with bunnies on each side was also a thrift store find.  Unfortunately, all the chocolate candy that filled it is long gone.

SANY7716

The dessert server is filled with marshmallow cupcakes and caramels and cream candy.

SANY7717

A cloche contains two sweet little love bunnies sitting on Easter grass looking at the eggs they found.

SANY7723

A few weeks ago, my middle daughter was on a school field trip and brought me back this beautiful sugared egg.  The violets plate and small wine glass used as a cloche were also recent thrift store finds.

SANY7719

The sugared egg has a surprise inside…a precious little yellow duck sitting on green grass!  I just love this and it was so sweet of her to think of me when she saw it!

duck

My youngest daughter decided this little hanging bunny simply had to come home with us when she spotted it at the Dollar Tree a few weeks ago.   

bunny

In this photo, you can see a bit of my East egg tree that sits beside the cabinet. 

SANY7727

Since this post is for Pink Saturday, I have to show off a bit of pink.  Here is my Grandfather’s cotton basket rim -  turned - wreath decked out with a big sheer pink bow.

wreath

I want to share a couple more photos before I go…I have two Confederate Jasmine plants outside my kitchen window and they are full of blooms right now.  They have the most fragrant scent!  If a breeze is blowing, I can open my kitchen windows and their wonderful aroma fills the room!

SANY7730

SANY7729

Thanks for visiting with me today!  I hope you’ll come again soon and have a wonderful Easter!

DG

 

8 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Your Hoosier looks so pretty all dressed up with Easter goodies ... the candy would not have made it thru a photo shoot here :))
(())

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous!

Pink bonding at my page, come and see. Have a wonderful Easter celebration!

Trisha said...

So pretty! I remember those fun sugar eggs from when I was little-great memories! Happy Easter and Pink Saturday to you!

~Trisha

Shabbyprimdelights said...

Your little Easter cabinet looks great.
Happy Easter
Michelle
xox

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

So pretty all decorated up for Easter! Happy PS!

Debbie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a beautiful Easter display!!So many pretty things!!

Love your hoosier too!!

Happy Easter!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Bluebirds and Roses said...

Cute..Thank you for sharing ~ HPS & Happy Easter~

Jenny's Heart said...

Very Sweet!