Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake

I’m so glad you’re visiting with me today!  I have the tea all brewed and I’ve baked a wonderful cake for my husband’s birthday.  I’d love to share it with you. 

SANY8447

Each time I make a bundt cake, I think of the scene in “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” where Ian’s mother brings one to dinner. 

(Ian’s mother) It’s a Bundt.

(Toula’s mother) It’s a bun?

(Ian’s mother) Bundt!

(Toula’s mother) A bunk?

(Ian’s mother) Bundtttttt!!!!!!

(Toula’s mother) Oh, it’s a cake!

That has to be one of my favorite scenes in the whole movie! 

SANY8445 

We are celebrating my sweet husband’s birthday this week and he loves any dessert that has lemon in it.  So, for his birthday cake, I made a Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake.  The recipe can be found here at Food.com.

SANY8452

There is just something wonderful about lemon and blueberries…the flavors compliment each other so well when they’re combined.  The cake was moist and so delicious. 

The glaze is a “must add” to the cake.  It adds a whole new flavor dimension to the cake!  Look at those bits of lemon peel on the glaze…delish!

SANY8451

I’ll be joining Miz Helen for Full Plate Thursday and Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday.  Hope to see you again soon!

DG

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belate Birthday to the hubs...this looks so good I love Lemon and Blueberry,seems I've always got blueberries in the freeze,I sure going to try this.YUM!
~JO

Katie said...

This looks delicious! Just printed the recipe. Hope to make soon...

Miz Helen said...

Hi DG,
This is a beautiful Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake and just look at that wonderful glaze. This is a great recipe and your photo is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
Come Back Soon,
Miz Helen