Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wonderful Finds and a Bit of Easter Decor

I wanted to share with you today a couple of wonderful finds my husband brought home in the last few days and the tiny bit of Easter decorating I’ve done so far. 

My husband has been helping his uncle tear down an old barn and last week he found this vintage 3 gallon crock behind a pile of junk in the barn.  It was made by Marshall Pottery in Texas and is in almost perfect condition.  Marshall Pottery was founded in 1895 and is still in business today.   

SANY7513

For right now, I decided to sit it in the kitchen next to my Grandmother’s butter churn.   

SANY7517

Next to the crock and churn sits a small table holding my Easter tree and a little bunny candy dish.

SANY7524 

I love peacocks and couldn’t wait to use this vintage graphic when I found it over at The Graphics Fairy!  I used Mod Podge to adhere the graphic to the bucket and then added a bit of glass glitter for some sparkle. 

SANY7525

The second treasure my husband brought home this week was this beautiful International Silver tray.  His uncle had found it in the same barn and just threw it on the trash pile.  My sweet husband knew I would love it, so he grabbed it from the trash and brought it to me. 

tray

It does have a few scratches on it, most noticeable in the center and it was very tarnished when he brought it home.  A little Simichrome polished it up in no time at all.  The best part?  It’s monogrammed with a “K”  How cool is that since my name is Kim!!

SANY7496

After polishing it, I decided to use it in an Easter vignette in the corner of my kitchen.  I added in an Easter wreath that I found a couple of weeks ago at a local thrift store.

SANY7521

I added in some sugared eggs and one of my silver teapots.

SANY7495

Another bunny candy dish completed the vignette.  Looking at these photos, I’m not super thrilled with how this vignette looks…too much silver on one side and too much color on the other.  Tomorrow, I’ll probably move some of them around to better balance the colors. 

SANY7518

I’m late as usual, but I’m joining Marty for Table Top Tuesday.  Thanks so much for joining me and don’t forget to check out all the beautiful vignettes over at Marty’s!

 

2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your crocks are wonderful. I love the old ones. Using the silver in your vignette is so pretty and the basket is stunning. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

So glad the K silver tray was saved!