Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lemon Chocolate Chip Cookies

My daughter wanted chocolate chip cookies…my husband wanted lemon cookies.  What to do??  I didn’t have time to make two separate batches of cookies, so a quick look at Cooks.com solved the problem.  I found a recipe for Lemon Chocolate Chip Cookies that satisfied both of them.

SANY6731

The original recipe, found here, didn’t state a temperature at which to bake the cookies.  I baked them at 350 degrees and they were done after about 10 minutes.  For me, the recipe made 4 dozen cookies…I do tend to make my cookies a little smaller though.

SANY6740

Lemon Chocolate Chip Cookies

10 T butter

1/2 c sugar

1/2 t grated lemon rind

1 T lemon juice

1 egg

1 c flour

1/4 t salt

3/4 c semi-sweet chocolate morsels

Combine the butter, sugar and lemon rind in a large bowl'; mix until light and creamy.  Add the lemon juice and the egg; mix well.  In a smaller bowl, combine the flour and salt.  Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix well.  Add the chocolate chips and chill for 1 hour.  Drop by teaspoonfuls  on a cookie sheet.  Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies have a deep golden edge.  Cool on wire racks. 

SANY6765

With the combination of lemon rind and lemon juice, I expected a heavy lemon taste.  I was wrong…the delicate lemon flavor superbly accented the chocolate taste.  In other words…these were delicious!  Oh Yeah!!

SANY6807

You can just get a glimpse of some of my Valentine decorations behind the plate of cookies…I’ll show them in a later post. 

I’m linking up with Lisa over at Sweet As Sugar Cookies for Sweets for a Saturday and Mary over at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday..  Why don’t you come on over and join us?

DG

 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

These sound so good and they look so nice in your photos. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Now I'm hungry!!! They look and sound wonderful!

Mary said...

I've never heard of this combination, I'm going to have to try these, they sound delicious! Thank you for linking to Masterpiece Monday, have a great week! Mary :O)

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Looked so yummy! Thanks for the recipe :)

Btw, do you want to gain more blog followers? Then come on and join my "Swap Followings" Linky Party. This is an excellent opportunity for every blogger to meet other bloggers, follow them, and be followed in return. How does this work? Just simply "swap your following" which goes like this, "I follow your blog so please follow mine." All you have to do is create a post about the party, include the party button, follow 2 or more bloggers then leave them comments so they can follow you back.

Come join us now at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/01/swap-followings-linky-party-013111.html

Bring your best virtual smile, be prepared to meet great bloggers, and see you there! :)