Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fairies in My Kitchen

I was tired of the vignette on the island in my kitchen and decided to play around with a new one.  I started out with a wooden tray, one of my favorites to use in vignettes, and covered it with pink and white napkins.

SANY8017

I hadn’t used my cloche stand in a while, so I pulled it out and added a sweet little fairy and some faux ivy.

SANY8008

SANY8007

I added my favorite cookie jar that belonged to my great-aunt.  I really need to make some cookies to fill it with!

SANY8012

Pink candles in crystal holders were added.

SANY8016

My sister gave this beautiful pink and white bowl to me for Christmas one year.  I decided to fill it with pink silk roses.  Oops, looking at the photo, I need to trim them a bit!

SANY8013

Another fairy surrounded by ivy and silk flowers was added.

SANY8006

I was in one of my favorite thrift stores the other day and just had to share photos of the latest goodie I found there…this wonderful vintage tole painted scale!  It’s really banged up, but I love the sagey green color of it and the handpainted flowers (although they could be just a bit more pink!)

SANY8020

I wish I knew where I could find one of the pointer thingies (what is it called anyway?) that shows the weight.  Wonder if a clock hand would work?

SANY8022

I can’t wait to use this in a vignette!  I’m thinking it would be perfect on my Hoosier cabinet.

SANY8021

 I’m joining Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday.  Thanks so much for visiting with me today!

DG

 

2 comments:

Gail said...

Your lovely scale (even without the pointy thingy) will make a great base for whatever vignette you dream up and put on it.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Love your sweet vignette ~ doesn't get much better than crystal, roses, and pink candles!! Your cloche is adorned beautifully, love that sweet fairy! And your scale is unbelievable! I bet a clock hand would work just fine. I'm sure you could find one at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. The roses on that piece are just stunning. Can't wait to see it on your Hoosier cabinet!

Btw, I'm your newest follower!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents